Programs and Therapies:
I believe that I have benefited from a group healing energy. This program reduces stress and anxiety through mediation in a group setting; it helped my healing. Check out Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program site and for local programs search your area; This program is available online too.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a practical, short-term form of psychotherapy. CBT helps people to examine how they make sense of what is happening around them and how these perceptions affect the way they feel (source: camh) For local programs search your area or check out an online version of the program. I took ‘one on one’ therapy and it helped me a great deal reframe my personal narrative (stories I tell myself) and how to look at my circumstances from a different perspective.
Optimum Health Institute (OHI) Body Mind and Spirit Program – I have been extremely lucky that an angel crossed my path some time ago and shared this amazing healing place with me. I have benefited from participating in the program several times. The total Body, Mind and Spirit detox program, excellent organic raw detox food, daily healthy living lectures, exercises, mediations, community and prayers has helped me tremendously. The dedicated and professional OHI staff and unique guests are a special tribe and something I will cherish forever. Try to find a similar program in your area.
Useful Websites and Books:
- Know Your Environment – this site will empower you with breakthrough research to make informed choices and live a healthy life in a healthy environment. Be aware of the air we breathe, the food we eat, the products we put on our skin and how to avoid or minimize toxins. I have always wondered about GMO vs. Non GMO food, Organic vs. Non-Organic and all the pesticides used on food we eat and does it really make a difference. It seems that it does. Check out ingredients for your home cleaning products and cosmetics you use and water you drink. Of course search local reports for your own area.
- The Real Truth About Health – annual event, the world’s top medical doctors, naturopathic doctors, nutritionists, scientists, dietitians, researchers, and authors, who share with the unbiased, accurate, scientifically proven truth about health, nutrition, the food system, the medical system, and the environment. It helped me keep up to date with new research.
- Heal Summit is an online event that features empowering talks from world-renowned health and wellness experts organized by Kelly Noonan Gores.
- Heal Documentary – also hosted by fantastic Kelly Noonan Gores. The summit, documentary and podcasts are very informative and inspiring.
Heal documentary Resources – click here for their extensive book list, but I recommend the following books I read that influenced me the most:
- Mind to Matter, by Dawson Church
- The Genie in Your Genes, by Dawson Church
- Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself by Lissa Rankin M.D.
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind – by Joseph Murphy, PhD
- The Energy Codes by dr. Sue Morter
- Radical Remission Project | Official Website of the NY Times Bestseller
- Radical Remission: Surviving Cancer Against All Oddsby Kelly Turner PhD
- DYING TO BE ME: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing by Anita Moorjani
- THE BIOLOGY OF BELIEF: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles by Bruce Lipton PhD
- YOU ARE THE PLACEBO: Making Your Mind Matter by Dr. Joe Dispenza
- LOVE, MEDICINE AND MIRACLES: Lessons Learned about Self-Healing from a Surgeon’s Experience with Exceptional Patients by Dr. Bernie Siegel
- YOU CAN HEAL YOUR LIFE by Louise Hay
- WISHES FULFILLED: Mastering the Art of Manifesting by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
- Anticancer, by David Servan-Schreiber, M.D., PhD
- The Cancer Code: dr Jason Fung
- Cured, by Jeffery Rediger, MD
- Divine Guidance: How To Live Truly Fulfilled & Purposeful Life by Hap White
- How to Be an Adult in Relationships: The Five Keys to Mindful Loving, by David Richo
- Triggers: How We Can Stop Reacting and Start Healing, by David Richo
- When the Past Is Present: Healing the Emotional Wounds that Sabotage our Relationships, by David Richo